Bardo Todol
聲音偏好的轉變
Shifting Preferences in Field Recording
我覺得我過去喜歡的田野錄音,和現在(或至少近幾年)喜歡的,之間有一個很明顯的差異。
I feel that there is a notorious difference between the field recordings I liked in the past and what I like now (or at least in the most recent years).
我以前比較喜歡部落性或民族誌式的田野錄音,充滿旋律、奇異聲響、人聲等等。
I used to like more tribal or ethnographic field recordings, full of melodies and strange sounds, voices, etc.
但現在我喜歡自然的聲音——
不論是無人的野外,或者有些人、車經過的地方。
Now I like nature sounds: whether they are in the fields with no human presence, or places where people and cars pass through.
我喜歡人的聲音,有時靠近麥克風,有時遠離它。
I love human voices sometimes near the microphone… sometimes far from it.
我喜歡在聲音中能感覺到某種敘事或故事的存在。
I love that there is some kind of narration or story behind the sounds I am hearing.
但我也喜歡那種完全沒有連結,只是隨機捕捉到的一些聲音。
BUT ALSO I love when there is no connection, just some sounds randomly captured.
我以前常常錄下我年幼的女兒與兒子還是嬰兒時的聲音。
I used to record sounds when my little daughter and son were babies and very very little.
我喜歡有好器材參與其中的錄音……
但說真的,我也很愛那些有點破爛的磁帶、有外部與內部雜音的錄音。
I like when there is some good equipment involved… but again… I also love when there are crappy tapes and external and internal noises.
我討厭田野錄音裡車子的聲音,
但如果它們離麥克風不太近,我還可以接受。
I hate the sounds of cars on field recordings, but I can handle them when they are not close to the mics.
我喜歡機器聲、工廠的聲音。
I love the sounds of machines, the sounds of factories.
我喜歡港口與碼頭的田野錄音。
I love the port and harbour field recordings.
我完全著迷於河流的錄音。
我也喜歡海的聲音,雖然我沒錄太多。
I am absolutely mad about the field recordings of rivers.
I like the sounds of the sea too, but I haven’t recorded too much.
我特別喜歡那種風聲突然吹進麥克風、
在某種意義上「摧毀」了原本平靜的環境聲。
I really like when there is a little wind popping the mic and in a way "destroys" the calm ambient sounds.
最近的錄音實踐
Recent Recording Practices
最近/這些日子裡,
我正嘗試盡可能多錄下一些鳥鳴。
我必須早起才能捕捉到牠們的「清晨合唱」。
Today / In these days I am trying to record as much bird singing as I can.
I have to wake up early to capture their "early chorus".
我也開始錄下那些在 Salsipuedes 生活超過 50 年的人的聲音與記憶。
I am also starting to record the voices and memories of the people that lived in Salsipuedes for more than 50 years.
我正在試著把田野錄音與樂器聲結合,
包含原聲、數位與電子聲響。
I am trying to combine field recordings with instruments—acoustic, digital, and electronic.
Aves Argentum (y dos especies de Ranas) by Bardo Todol
阿根廷 Salsipuedes 錄製,結合鳥鳴、蛙聲與詩意的磁帶噪音拼貼。