歐泥 OOONie
我還沒有做過有計劃性的實地錄音,
I haven’t done any planned field recordings yet,
但巧合的是,收到這份邀請時,我正在準備一個旅行筆記的徵件,
but coincidentally, when I received this invitation, I was working on a call for submissions for a travel journal,
其中一個選項是 Carnet sonore / Sound travel book,因而開始整理這份筆記內出現的聲音。
and one of the options was Carnet sonore / Sound travel book, which led me to start organizing the sounds that appeared in that journal.
在重新聆聽這些關於民間音樂的聲音後,
After re-listening to these recordings of folk music,
我想穿上一座可移動的售貨亭(Kiosk)裝置,
I began to imagine wearing a movable kiosk-like installation,
被視為建築,一個販賣零食、飲料、酒、玩具的建築,
to be seen as a kind of building—one that sells snacks, drinks, alcohol, toys—
透過吃喝玩樂,也許可以聽見更加日常生活的聲音。
and through eating, drinking, and playing, perhaps one could hear the sounds of everyday life more clearly.
我開始想像錄音售貨亭的樣子,
I started imagining what this sound-recording kiosk might look like.
最近讀了一本關於民間工藝品的書,
Recently, I read a book about folk crafts,
在書裡看到印度拉賈斯坦的說故事箱子 Kaavad,
and came across the Kaavad—an Indian storytelling box from Rajasthan.
箱子上有一扇對開的門,門展開是一格一格的故事,
It has double doors that open outward, revealing one panel of story after another,
成為一個故事箱裡的流動攤販好像不錯。
and the idea of being a traveling vendor inside a storytelling box feels just right.
穿著售貨亭,販賣快樂的貨物,
Wearing the kiosk, selling joyful goods,
在小桌子上畫圖,遙控伸縮的錄音裝置,
drawing on a small table, with a remotely controlled, extendable recording device—
這麼一想突然開始期待起來了。
just thinking about it suddenly fills me with excitement.